Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Child Evangelism Fellowship®. We are excited about all that God is going to do as churches all across the nation share the Gospel with unchurched children in their communities. Following are some important considerations for all who will volunteer and have direct contact with the children through CEF ministries.
• CEF does online background checks and volunteer applications utilizing a secure server so that your information is safe.
• All volunteers (age 18 and older) and CEF missionaries are required to undergo a national criminal background check.
• All approved workers will receive a required name tag upon completion of steps 1-3.
**Before proceeding through the steps required for volunteer participation, pause to prayerfully consider your decision and please click here.**
STEP 1: PRIOR to COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Complete the following:
A. I have read the steps required for volunteer participation and have prayed, seeking God’s will in my decision.
B. Read the Statement of Faith
C. Read the Worker’s Compliance Agreement
D. Read the Child Protection Policy
E. Watch the 12-minute “Protecting Today’s Child” presentation or listen at 1-866-878-4182
F. Gather the following information to enter online:
• Your salvation testimony.
• Reference contact information (name, phone, email). This should include: pastor or church leader, previous employer, and two personal references. No relatives please.
• Previous addresses (last 5 years)
• Driver’s License (if applicable) and Social Security Number
Continue to Step 2 ONLY after completing all of Step 1.
STEP 2: APPLY ONLINE
(if you prefer to download and print an application, please click here to download)
If you have prepared the information requested in Step 1, it will take you approximately 15 minutes to complete the online application. Note:
• The system will time out after approximately 10 minutes of no activity, and you must complete the form within 40 minutes.
• The form works best using Google Chrome as the browser.
• Please don’t leave any boxes empty (put NA if something doesn’t apply to you)
Click here to access the online application.
IF YOU ARE A MINOR: Please download the junior volunteer application here.
STEP 3: ID CHECK AND INTERVIEW
This final step will be completed by a CEF staff member by appointment, or at a training meeting:
• You will be required to show a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or school ID) and answer a few interview questions.
• Once this step is complete, you will receive your name tag, indicating that you are a screened volunteer.
Please complete steps 1-2 as soon as possible. You will receive confirmation once your screening has been submitted.
Thank you for volunteering to reach boys and girls with the Good News of Jesus Christ! May God bless you as you faithfully serve Him!
Questions? Contact our office: 760-410-8484 (leave message), or email@example.com